Learn more about F-Balm™More about me
This cooling, quenching overnight mask plumps and restores with an electrolyte cocktail while strengthening the skin's acid mantle.
With a blend of barrier-replenishing ingredients, including niacinamide, sodium PCA, plant squalane, five forms of ceramides, omega fatty acids and powerful antioxidants, F-Balm™ effectively rehydrates hungover, overly-parched skin, making it soft and supple. Tiny beads loaded with vitamin F burst during application to deliver extra emollience and soothing hydration.
In addition to restoring the balance of hydration and moisture levels in skin, F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial can improve signs of damage, uneven tone and texture.
100% Free of essential oils, silicones, fragrance and PEGs. Irritant free.
Vegan and cruelty-free.
Apply 4-5 pumps of F-Balm™ as the last step in your nighttime routine. May be worn to bed as an overnight mask. Also can be layered over Virgin Marula Oil for an extra shot of absorbable moisture.
Tip: Try using F-Balm™ on top of T.L.C. Framboos™ for a gentle, chemical exfoliation while you sleep.
- 4-Electrolyte Blend: antioxidant rich and powerful humectant ingredients (coconut water, sodium PCA, magnesium PCA and prickly pear extract), electrolytes are vital to helping maintain hydration levels in skin, improving barrier strength and lipid content, calming redness and protecting against environmental dehydration.
- Vitamin F: soothing fatty acids (linolenic and linoleic) that play a vital role in maintaining hydration levels, improving skin texture and suppleness while reducing inflammation and improving acid-mantle strength.
- Niacinamide: aka vitamin B3, niacinamide has a wide range of benefits, most notably its ability to improve signs of aging (fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness) as well as uneven tone and texture. Research has demonstrated that niacinamide, even in low concentrations, can help strengthen a compromised skin barrier, boost skin's synthesis of ceramides and cholestrol - both essential substances in barrier health and elasticity - as well as improve skin's defenses against water loss.
- 5-Ceramide Blend: (Ceramide AP, NP EOP, NS, EOS) derived from plant sources, identical to the wax-like moisturizing substance which occurs naturally in skin. Helps sooth and maintain the moisture balance of skin while protecting against water loss. Ceramides help fill in the spaces between skin cells, giving them elasticity, and play a critical role in straightening the skin barrier.
- Squalane: plant-derived (from olives). Squalane is a natural moisturizing factor (NMF), which means it works identically to the form of squalane that is found naturally in skin. Squalane acts as both a moisturizing agent and natural antioxidant that soothes and prevents water loss from the surface of the skin without a greasy feel.
- Quercetin: a potent plant-derived antioxidant bioflavonoid, which acts as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that has some research demostrating its ability to promote healthy collagen production and speed the healing of damaged skin. Its benefits are amplified when paired with lipids and natural moisturizing factors.
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Squalane, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Coconut Alkanes, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Glycerin, Mannitol, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Butter, Sodium PCA, Opuntia Tuna Fruit Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Sorbitol, Quercetin, Trehalose, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Creatine, Inositol, Pentylene Glycol, Ferulic Acid, Hydroxytyrosol, Behenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Cholesterol, Ceramide NS, Ceramide AP, Ceramide EOS, Ceramide NP, Ceramide EOP, Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Magnesium PCA, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Adenosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Caprooyl Phytosphingosine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Caprooyl Sphingosine, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Ceteareth-25, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherol, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin
Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Glycolic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Buddleja Davidii Meristem Cell Culture, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Allantoin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Galactoarabinan, Propanediol, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Nitrate, Potassium Sorbate, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate
Animal Fats/Oils/Musks, Benzalkonium Chloride, Benzophenone, Bisphenol A (BPA), Butoxyethanol, BHA, BHT, Chemical Sunscreens, Coal Tar Dyes, -Cones, Detergent, Essential Oils, Ethanolamines (MEA/DEA/TEA), Formaldehyde, Fragrance, Hydroquinone, Liquid Petrolatum, Methyl Cellosolve, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Mercury, Mercury Compounds, Mineral Oil, Oxybenzone, Parabens, Paraffin Oil, Phthalates, Polyethylene Glycol (PEGs), Resorcinol, Retinyl Palmitate, Siloxanes, Sulfates, Thimerosal, Toluene, Triclosan, Triclocarban
Cruelty-Free. Recycle for Earth's Sake. Supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).
The Drunk Elephant Difference
Drunk Elephant is clean, but in our opinion, “clean” is not enough when it comes to caring for skin. We make “Clean Compatible” skincare. Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of our formulations. We never take into account an ingredient’s synthetic or natural status, but instead choose based on biocompatibility. You won’t find what we call the “Suspicious 6” in our products (Essential Oils, Drying Alcohols, Silicones, Chemical Sunscreens, Fragrances/Dyes, SLS) making them, in our opinion, appropriate for all skin. We believe that these six ubiquitous ingredients are at the root of almost every skin issue we see and when entirely removed from one’s routine (“a clean break”), skin can reset and return to a healthy, balanced state. It is equally, if not more, important what we leave out of the products as what we put in. This ingredient-elimination diet (think Whole30 for your face) inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies chronicling the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found success using the line and renewed confidence in their own skin. When formulating the products, we focus on biocompatibility, pH levels and safety, always making sure that the active ingredients are at efficacious levels and remain respectful and always supportive of skin’s acid mantle. Learn More.